Thursday, May 22, 2014

Styling the Boyfriend Coat

Trending at the moment is the ever glamourous boyfriend coat, this trend is a simple and easy way to dress your outfit up. Who would have thought that keeping warm would be so accessorising. 

Above I have put together two variations of this trend.
#1 is paired with washed out boyfriend jeans by Lee jeans and a leather crop by Dion Lee. Although the jeans keep it casual the leather crop keeps it sexy. Black on black gives the outfit edge while the pale pink pumps by Giussppe Zanotti  and clutch lady-fy this attainable outfit. 
This is a must for the upcoming winter months. I love this black coat by Topshop, quiet affordable at under $100 AUD
I added a mild accessory that of a Marc Jacobs (Amy Dexter Glitz) with pastel coloured diamond detailing - definitely on my winter wish list. 

#2 is pair with a slim fit dress, this sexy navy number is a Zimmerman piece, which is paired with YSL ankle boots which dress this outfit up. I love this pale pink theme running through these two outfits, The pale pink is so lady like and gives the outfit a soft touch. And lastly, the Celine Phantom (OMG!) What outfit is not complete with this amazing creation. 


The above is my interpretation of how i would style my boyfriend coats this winter. The key here is to introduce the trend as a subtle feature of your outfit or have it be the statement piece bringing your outfit to life. 


Let me know how you would style your boyfriend coats, I'd love to see what you come up with! 

Much Love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment